Saturday, 27 August 2011

The Deism

Who know the difference of atheism, agnosticism, and deism? I'm lucky to say that I know.

Since I was accepted as a philosophy student in a well-known state university in my country, the whole people of my environment always thought that I will become an atheist (simply just because I learn philosophy). For me, it's the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. What the hell is wrong with them?

Then they really start to think that I'm really an atheist after I say to them that I don't belong to any religion, oh God, what a stupidity! An atheist would say, "God isn't exist, it's simply just a word.", in my case, I still believe that existence of the highest entity, an entity that will never be able to be reached by mankind, an entity that transcends the existence of human-being. In that case, I'm Deist.

Sometimes when I was so pissed off by their statement about me, I insult them more by saying that they're stupid. I'm not really mean it but they not even thinking about what they say to me. I know it sounds childish and selfish but then again... Who are we?

Atheist: Believe there's no such thing as God, no religion
Agnostic: Don't know whether God exist or not, no religion.
Deist: Believe the existence of God, no religion.

The only thing those 3 things have in common is they don't belong to any religion. Religion for me is something more like a jail to the free-thinking mankind, but in other side, I believe and feel the existence of God, even though It doesn't show itself to me, but I feel It. That's why I proudly call myself a Deist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am open for discussion and comments, but I will not show or reply any kind of comments which is inappropriate to the post or if it's out of context.